Mike Flanagan, the creator of Midnight Mass, The Haunting of Bly Manor, and The Haunting of Hill House, has been working with Netflix once more. Along with his work on the Stephen King adaptations of Gerald’s Game and Doctor Sleep, Flanagan is as well known for his work on the horror films Oculus, Hush, and Before I Wake.
The Midnight Club is the most terrifying new addition to his collection. The same-titled Christopher Pike novel served as the inspiration for this Netflix series, which was created by Flanagan and Leah Fong. You can learn everything you need to know about Flanagan’s upcoming blockbuster Netflix film, The Midnight Club, in this post. So, shall we start now?
The Midnight Club Storyline
The Midnight Club is based on Christopher Pike’s 1994 young adult horror book of the same name, which currently has a rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars (out of 5,001 reviews from the general public) on Goodreads. The 224-page novel tells the story of a group of teens who are transported to Rotterdam Home, a hospice, to pass away.
The five young people create the Midnight Club as a way to pass the time as they wait to die, gathering when the clock strikes midnight to share tales of suspense and horror.
One night, they agree that whoever dies first must make every attempt to get in touch with the other members of the Midnight Club from the afterlife.
Strange events start to happen when this member eventually passes away from illness. It should be noted that the medical manor is now known as Brightcliffe Hospice in the series’ official logline from Netflix. Eight teenagers have been added to the Midnight Club roster, up from five previously.
The Midnight Club Release Date
The majority of Flanagan’s previous series debuted in September or October to serve as the centerpiece of Netflix’s Halloween lineup. The Midnight Club also adheres to this style. The series’ October 7, 2022, premiere date was officially announced at Netflix’s Geeked Week.
The Midnight Club Cast
We do know who has been cast in the Netflix series, even if the character names of each member of The Midnight Club have not yet been disclosed. Later on, an official trailer might provide more details about the cast. A large number of the actors hired for the project have been in horror movies and television shows, including works created by Mike Flanagan through Intrepid Pictures.
- (#BlackAF) Iman Benson
- Sammy Sloyan (Hush)
- Gilford, Zach (The Purge: Anarchy)
- By Igby Rigney (F9: The Fast Saga)
- Langenkamp, Heather (A Nightmare on Elm Street)
- Biedel, Matt (Midnight Mass)
- Cymone, Annarah (Midnight Mass)
- I’m Aya Furukawa (The Cabin in the Woods)
- R. Codd (The Fall of the House of Usher)
- A. Yuki Morita (The Terror)
- Sumpter, William Chris (NYC Dreams)
- Samra, Ranjit (Sacred Lies)
- I’m Sauriyan Sapkota (The Fall of the House of Usher)
- Penney, Virginia (The Annalisa)
- Adia (The Midnight Club)
- The song “I’m Really Trying” by George Haralabopoulos
- Theodore Longstreet (Septien)
- Davis, William B. (The X-Files)
- Balint, Crystal (The Bletchley Circle: San Francisco)
- Effie Piggford (The Sounds)
- Larsen Thompson, ballero
The Midnight Club Trailer
Most definitely! Below is a link to the trailer: