Diana Ross Net Worth: Diana Ross is a famous American singer, actress, and record producer who was born in Detroit, Michigan. She is also from the United States. Ross rose to popularity as the lead vocalist of the vocal group the Supremes, which, during the 1960s, were Motown’s most successful act, and are the greatest charting girl group in US history.
Diana Ross Early Life
Diana Ross was born on March 26, 1944, in Detroit, Michigan. She was the second-oldest of Ernestine and Fred Ross, Srchildren. .’s She went to Cass Technical High School in downtown Detroit. In January 1962, she graduated. There, she took classes like clothing design, millinery, pattern making, and tailoring, because her original goal was to be a fashion designer.
Ross joined the Primettes when she was 15 years old. The Primettes are the sister group of the Primes, a group of male singers. After the Primettes won a talent contest in Windsor, Ontario, they were asked to try out for Motown Records. Ross had talked to his old neighbor William “Smokey” Robinson, and he agreed to bring the Primettes to Motown if they would let him hire their guitarist Marv Tarplin for his band, the Miracles.
The Primettes impressed the people at Motown, but they thought they were too young. Motown founder Berry Gordy then told them to come back after they graduated from high school. The Primettes were not discouraged, and often showed up at Motown’s Hitsville headquarters to offer help on recordings, doing everything from hand claps to background vocals.
Eventually, Gordy signed the group in January 1961, with the only condition being that they change their name. A year later, Barbara Martin left the group. Ross, Florence Ballard, and Mary Wilson were the only ones left, so they changed their name to the Supremes.
Diana Ross’s Net Worth
Diana Ross is an American singer and actress who has made a name for herself over the years. She is worth $250 million. Ross started out in the 1960s as a member of the popular group The Supremes. After that, she went on to have a very successful solo career.
Diana Ross Real Estate
Diana’s main home for a long time was a large mansion in Greenwich, Connecticut. At one point in 2007, she put the 5-acre home on the market for $39.5 million. She couldn’t find a buyer, and when the real estate market crashed, she was able to get a refund for property taxes that, in hindsight, were too high. It is actually two separate parcels. One is worth about $9 million, and the other is worth $10 million because it is on the water.
Diana Ross Career
- In 1963, she recorded “When the Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes” with the group “The Supremes.” She was the main singer in the song.
- The next year, she sang lead vocals for “The Supremes” again, this time for their song “Where Did Our Love Go.” The song was popular and reached the top of the charts.
- In 1970, she put out her first album by herself, called “Diana Ross.” It was released by the Motown label. The song “Reach Out and Touch” was her first solo single.
- Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson worked with her to make the album “The Boss,” which came out in 1979. The album sold a lot of copies and was given a platinum rating.
- In 2000, she was one of the main performers at “VH1 Divas 2000: A Tribute to Diana Ross.” There was a concert to honor “The VH1 Save The Music Foundation.”