The M1-Powered Mac is one of the Macbook series which gives it users all they can ask for from a computer. It is properly built and designed by Mac to carry out its various functions. Though being a strong computer model, data loss by deletion is still a possible threat to its users. Just like any other computer, the M1-Powered Mac may lose data in one way or another if not properly handled. Also, computer users may cause accidental deletions and later on need to recover this data as fast as possible for different reasons. In this article, you will learn 4 ways you can use to recover M1-Powered Mac Data for use.
Method 1: Restore M1-Powered Mac Data from Trash Can
Although it may be obvious, sometimes your accidentally deleted files are hiding in the trash. In this case you will not need any complex methods to recover your deleted data from your M1-Powered Mac. To recover your deleted files from trash:
- -Find the trash icon and double-click on it.
- -Locate the files you want to restore.
- -Once you find them, right-click on them and click on “Put Back”.
- This will restore your deleted files from the trash.
Method 2: Restore M1-Powered Mac Data from Time Machine Backup
Apple included a Time Machine app on their devices which enables its users to easily backup data on Mac. Time Machine backups then permit Mac users to recover their data from these backups. This method will only work for you if you have backups which contained the deleted files you are trying to recover. Also, recovering Time Machine backups on M1-Powered Mac is different from recovering time machine on other versions of Mac. To recover deleted files from M1-Powered Mac using Time Machine Backups, you have to enter the recovery mode.
- -Turn off your Mac completely.
- -Connect the USB drive containing the Time Machine Backup to your Mac.
- -Press and hold down the power button until you see “Loading startup options”
- -Click on “Options” then “Continue”. This will display 4 different options on your Mac. Select “Restore from Time Machine”
From here, follow instructions carefully and you will be able to restore your Time Machine Backups. This will restore your deleted files if the deleted files were in the Time Machine Backup you restored.
Method 3: Restore M1-Powered Mac Data with iCloud
Also, this method will only work if you have backed up your M1-Powered Mac Data on iCloud or on other devices. If you have backup files;
- -Login to your iCloud account on your browser.
- -Then, click on “Account Settings”.
- -Under the Advanced section, click on “Restore Files”.
- -Choose the files you want to restore.
- -Click on “Restore” and finally click “Done”.
This will enable you to easily recover your M1-Powered Mac Data with iCloud if they are backed up.
Method 4: Restore M1-Powered Mac Data with Mac Data Recovery software
When files are permanently deleted from your M1-Powered Mac and there are no Time Machine Backups containing these files, the easiest and most professional method to recover your files is by using data recovery software. Data recovery software helps to reconstruct deleted files from the storage device where they were previously found. This is possible because each time a file is deleted, it is not completely deleted from its location but it is marked for other files to come and overwrite it. So if they haven’t been overwritten yet, your files can be recovered.
There is a variety of data recovery software. However, one of the best and the most professional data recovery is iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac. This tool has been used by thousands of people and it is trusted by many in their data recovery process. This is shown by cumulative downloads of 25 million and a Trust score of 4.8 by 1597 Users, showing how reliable iBeesoft Data Recovery can be. It is very safe software and fully transparent to its users with respect to data safety. iBeesoft Data Recovery doesn’t collect any data during the recovery process. It is virus-free, legit and effective software that will enable you to recover data in a matter of seconds.
In order to use iBeesoft Data Recovery to restore M1-Powered Mac Data,
- -Download and install iBeesoft Data Recovery on your Mac. Do not download it into your M1-Powered Mac’s drive which lost files that need to be recovered. This can overwrite the deleted files and prevent recovery of these files. If you have only one drive, install the tool in an external drive.
- -After installing, launch the tool. In the first window, you will see different file categories which you can recover. By default, all categories are selected. If you want to recover a particular file type, unselect the other file categories. Recovering fewer files makes the scan faster. Once ready, click on “Start”
- -Then select the drive you want to scan on your M1-Powered Mac to restore the deleted files. If you are recovering files from an external drive, connect it to your M1-Powered Mac. Finally, click on “Scan” to begin the scanning the drive(s).
- -When the scan is completed, the found files will be displayed in a window. Preview the files and look for the deleted files which you want to recover. Select the files you want to recover and click on “Recover” to save the selected files on your Mac. If recovering from an external drive, save the files on your Mac rather than the drive if not you will lose them again.
- -The first scan is a Quick scan by default. If you still can’t find the deleted files from your Mac, apply a Deep Scan. This other scan mode takes a longer period of time but it is more effective than the Quick Scan.
After following these instructions, you should be able to restore your M1-Powered Mac data.
With these 4 different methods, you can be sure to restore your M1-Powered Mac Data no matter the data loss scenario, the type of files or the type of hard drive concerned. In order to increase your data recovery chances when using data recovery software, do not transfer anything into the drive which lost the files because this can overwrite the lost files and cause permanent data loss. Also, after going through these methods, you can see that having backups; using Time Machine Backups or iCloud backups, is important because it gives you the possibility to restore files again when need arises. Perform frequent backups to reduce your chances of losing data in future.